We have a winner ladies and gentlemen and its the lovely Sarah @e9_resident. Sarah told her kids about #dogsinglasses and they greeted her with their pooch dressed like this:
Hilarious! Your kids' creativity just got you £100 in East End Print vouchers! we are looking forward to have you at the shop.
Stay tuned, for more competitions to come!
5 great ways to challenge your dog’s mind By Nicole Pajer
Just like people, dogs get bored with the same old everyday routine. Keeping them mentally challenged and constantly exposing them to new things is just as important as taking them for walks and exercising them. Bored dogs develop destructive behaviors and take their negative energy out on things like your furniture.
Here are some creative ways to stimulate your dog’s mind so they don’t get bored and misbehave:
1. Work on a new trick
Every time you engage your dog in a training session, you are providing him with a mental challenge. Search around for new tricks to work on. If you’re ready to move past the basic commands, check out books, scan the Internet, and ask a trainer for ideas for new tricks and training ideas.
“My dog, Vince just recently turned 4-years old and I finally enrolled him in obedience school. It has changed both our lives. Now on days where I work him on new tricks and such, I have noticed that his temperament has calmed down. Challenging him mentally makes him much less anxious in general and he has become more relaxed around other dogs. Vince is proof that old dogs can definitely learn new tricks.” – Sara Hicks
2. Play with interactive games or toys with your dog
Purchase a doggie board game or a canine puzzle to challenge your pup. Engage your dog in a game of Dog Memory or Dog Dominos. Give your dog one of the many toys that allow you to hide treats and objects inside and engage your dog to figure out how to work them out.
“This sounds silly but I bought this board game that I saw at the store for my dog Snickers and I to play together. I put treats underneath a peg and she has to figure out which ones to lift up in order to find where the treats are. There is another version where I cover up the treats with this piece of plastic and Snickers has to spin the board around to uncover the treats. It really challenges her and I see her brain working so hard to figure everything out.” – Donna Marr
3. Run errands with your dog
Even a quick run to the mailbox, a stopover at a friend’s house, or a spin through the car wash will place your dog face to face with a variety of stimulants.
“Even just taking Ryker for a car ride or to the car wash is stimulating for him. He gets to see lots of different sights and sounds and experience new situations. He loves going and gets so excited. And I can see his brain working as it takes it all in. And when we come home, he falls right asleep, even though it wasn’t physically taxing.” – Jennifer Brody
4. Give your dog a job to do
Dogs are bred to complete tasks such as hunting and herding. When they aren’t able to fulfill these types of duties, they can get restless. Engage your dog in a game of Frisbee. Get him involved in a sport like agility or Flyball. Take him for a long walk, hike, or swim. Find jobs that fulfill your dog’s breed. If you have a retriever, for example, nothing will leave it more satisfied than a hearty game of fetch.
"I can take my dog for a walk or a run, but the thing that really makes her the happiest is a hearty game of fetch. I take a tennis racket to the dog park and hit a ball as far as I can. She will bring it back to me over and over again like it's her job." – John Kurmai
5. Introduce your dog to new faces
Every time your dog meets a new person or fellow canine, they are introduced to new sights, sounds, and butts to sniff. Taking you pup to places like the dog park will provide him with ample opportunity to engage his senses.
"I frequently take Bruiser to the dog park, which he absolutely loves! Bruiser constantly meets new friends there and finds people to sniff and get petted by. This has really made him listen better, less anxious and truly more satisfied." – Kat Malkowych
for the full article click here
We at EEP are massive dog lovers, so to celebrate this special bond with the man's/woman's best friend we are launching a competition! Tweet us a pic of your pooch,use the hashtag #dogsinglasses and Bam! You could be the winner of a £100 voucher to spend on prints*! How amazing is that!!!!!
Read the storify story here:
For ideas on how you could be spending those £100 click HERE
*not applicable to limited editions
East End Prints 2016 Competition - Twitter & Facebook
Terms & Conditions
The promoter is: East End Prints, address Fount London. Railway Arch 359, Westgate St, E8 3RN.
- The Competition is only open to people who are UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees and agents of East End Prints and their close relatives, and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the Competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this Competition.
- Agreement to rules
- Entry into the Competition will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Competition period
- The Competition opens on Tuesday 20th September 2016 at 9am and closes on Sunday 25th Sept 2016 at midnight
- Entrants can enter at any point between these dates/times.
- How to enter
- Entrants will be able to enter on Twitter and Facebook. Entrants are allowed one entry per platform.
- To join in the Competition on Twitter, the entrants will be asked to retweet the competition tweet.
- To join in the Competition on Facebook, the entrants will be asked to like and comment on a competition post.
- Route to entry for the Competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.eastendprints.co.uk/blog
- Entrants can enter the competition once per platform (ie one entry on each of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter is permitted), but can like and share as many times as they like.
- Multiple entries on the same platform from the same person will be disqualified.
- Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The Prize for winning the Competition will be a £100 voucher to spend at East End Prints, either at their shop premises or online.
- The Prize is as stated and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services. The Prize is not transferable and will only be posted to the winner.
- Winner selection and notification
- The winner will be selected at random from all entries received across Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, and verified by East End Prints.
- The winner will be announced on East End Prints Twitter and Facebook accounts on Sunday 25th Sept 2016.
- The winner must provide accurate contact details on notification.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the Prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The £100 voucher must be spent within 12 months of the winner being announced, ie by End of September 2017.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
- Competition rules
- The Competition will be run and the prizes will be awarded at East End Prints’ sole discretion. East End Prints’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to East End Prints’ website and services, and to refuse entry into the Competition.
- We reserve the right to change the Competition rules and these Terms and Conditions from time to time. If we do so, we will always have the most up to date Terms and Conditions on the Website. Your continued participation in the Competition will constitute your acceptance of the new rules and/or Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to cancel the Competition if circumstances arise outside of our control.
- By entering this contest, each entrant agrees to a complete release of Twitter, Instagram and Facebook from all liability in connection with this Competition.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. You are providing your information to East End Prints and not to any other party.
- Data protection and publicity
- You consent to your surname, photograph and basic information about you being disclosed on East End Prints’ digital channels or other media if you win the Competition.
- Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation. By entering the Competition, you agree that East End Prints may contact you in relation to the Competition.
- We reserve the right to use the voice, image, photograph, name and likeness of the winner for publicity and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice to the winner. In entering the Competition, all participants consent to such use of their voice, image, photograph, name and likeness.
- Liability and indemnities
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, East End Prints and its associated companies and agents and distributors exclude responsibility and all liabilities, whether direct or indirect, arising from:
- any postponement or cancellation of the Competition;
- any changes to, supply of or use of the Prize; and
- any act or default of any supplier, which are beyond East End Prints’ reasonable control.
- East End Prints does not accept responsibility for any liability arising from technical incompatibility, problems relating to the internet, or technical difficulties of any kind.
- East End Prints shall not be liable, whether in tort, contract, misrepresentation or otherwise for loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods, loss of use, loss or corruption of data or information, or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
- You agree to indemnify East End Prints against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of your agreement with East End Prints.
- East End Prints is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this Competition.
- The Competition and these Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law. England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.